Beaches & Parks
Most parks and beaches are open throughout the Florida Keys, but will be closed Fourth of July weekend.
- Monroe County-owned parks and beaches are open
- Restrooms at Higgs Beach are closed. Volleyball is not allowed.
- County-owned playgrounds are being sanitized daily.
City of Key West
Parks and beaches in the City of Key West are open
City of Marathon
City Park, Ocean Front Park, and both Sombrero and Coco Plum Beaches are open. However, due to safety concerns and an inability to mitigate them at this time, the following restrictions apply:
- Playgrounds, basketball courts, skate park will remain closed.
- Fields will be open for exercise, but no organized games will be authorized.
- Pavilions and barbeque grills at the beach will be inaccessible until further notice.
- Dog Parks, tennis courts, and the baseball field will be open for individuals practicing safe social distancing.
- Groups of more than 10 are not allowed.
- Hours of operations will be from dawn to dusk.
- Minors must always be accompanied by an adult.
Village of Islamorada
Reopening at 50% capacity:
Islamorada parks, beaches and boat ramps will reopen at normal operating hours on Tuesday, July 7. Upon reopening, all facilities in the Village will be limited to 50% capacity through the Labor Day weekend holiday. Limiting the capacity at parks and beaches for the remainder of the summer is an additional measure to reduce the community spread of COVID-19.
In the area known as the Fills from MM 77.5 to 79.8 and the Indian Key Boat Ramp area, approximately half of the parking spaces will remain closed through Labor Day weekend with barriers in place. No parking is allowed except in the parking spaces provided. No vehicles without trailers, picnicking, tents, chairs, grills or other items will be allowed in the Indian Key boat ramp area and no swimming will be allowed in that shoreline area.
Stay up to date on COVID-19 measures:
Email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org or call the 24/7 hotline: 866-779-6121
Key Colony Beach
- Key Colony Golf course is open.
- Sunset Park is open.
Visitors should expect limited hours, capacity, and amenities. Visit The Florida State Park Safety Update Page for additional information.