Beaches, Parks, and Museums
- At the request of the City of Key West, Monroe County has closed Higgs Beach and the tennis/pickleball courts at the beach located between Reynolds and White Street.
- Reynolds Street Pier at Higgs Beach closes will continue to close at 6 p.m. nightly. The fitness trail, playgrounds and dog park are open.
- Practice social distancing by limiting gatherings to no more than 10 people and maintaining a separation of at least 6 feet from others. Monroe County officials stress that if federal and state directives are not followed, other closures can happen.
- Unless directed by the state or CDC, the County will continue to keep its other county-owned parks and beaches open. County officials see it as a space where residents can practice social distancing that is productive for mental and physical health.
- Law enforcement is doing regular patrolling of all areas.
- County-owned playgrounds are being sanitized twice daily until further notice.
City of Key West
- City-owned parks and beaches are closed.
- The City of Key West has closed Mallory Square during the traditional Sunset Celebration hours, the Southernmost Point, and Smathers Beach. The closures will be re-evaluated on a daily basis.
- Fort East Martello, the Key West Lighthouse, Tennessee Williams Museum, and Custom House Museum in Key West will be closed until at least April 1.
City of Marathon
- Parks and beaches are closed in the City of Marathon.
Villages of Islamorada
- Islamorada Founders Park programs and classes are canceled until further notice.
- Village Parks are closed to the public with the exception of open spaces at Founders Park. The Founders Park Aquatic Center and dog park are closed. Founders Park Facilities such as basketball court, tennis courts, pickleball courts, fields and walking trails and may be used by individuals and small groups. The dog park is closed. All beaches and other Village parks including Anne’s Beach and Library Park Beach are completely closed. All restroom facilities at parks and beaches are closed.
- The area known as the Fills from MM 77.5 to 79.8 and the boat ramp at Indian Key Fill are closed.
- Founders Park Boat Ramp is closed.
State Parks are closed in the Florida Keys
- Bahia Honda State Park
- Curry Hammock State Park
- Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park
- John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park
- Long Key State Park