Testing, Hospitals & Private Care Physicians
To view the breakdown by county, visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/. Look under “Review case, monitoring and PUI information on the latest COVID-19 Daily Report.” Click “See the Report.”
Testing Task Force
Monroe County’s COVID-19 Testing Task Force has been working together since the beginning of April to review the testing capabilities, prioritize resources, and determine the testing needs of the county. The task force consists of members from Monroe County’s hospitals, private practices, nonprofit health care organizations, and government sectors. Testing is available at the discretion of a doctor, healthcare provider, or urgent care center.
All emergency rooms are open 24/7. The local hospitals have prepared surge plans for an influx of patients.
Baptist Health South
Upper Keys: Mariner’s Hospital: (305) 434-3000
Middle Keys: Fishermen’s Hospital: (305) 743-5533
For Mariner’s and Fishermen’s Hospital: It is advised that you stay home and see a doctor remotely. If you are experiencing mild flu-like symptoms and could be exposed to COVID-19, use Baptist Health Care On Demand app to see the doctor. The app “Baptist Health Care on Demand” is available for download on the app store and Google play. Use the code CARE19 and wait for the doctor to talk to the doctor.
Baptist Health South Florida emergency rooms offer COVID-19 testing to patients exhibiting severe symptoms or require hospitalization.
Lower Keys Medical Center
Phone: (305) 294-5531
Lower Keys Medical Center recommends staying at home. See your physician who can advise your next step. If your doctor tells you to go to the emergency department, please call ahead. If you are having trouble breathing or another medical emergency, go to the nearest emergency room.
DO NOT SHOW UP TO ANY LOCATION WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT
County Commissioner Michelle Coldiron preps for an antibody test at CHI in Marathon.
Health Department Hosts Community-Based COVID-19 Testing Events
The Florida Department of Health in Monroe County will be hosting free community-based COVID-19 testing events. Please do not show up to the Health Department locations in Monroe County.
- Appointments are required.
- To schedule, call (786) 910-9764
- If voicemail is full, email TestingMonroe@flhealth.gov.
- Leave your name and phone number and a nurse will call you back to confirm your appointment.
- Appointments are limited and will be scheduled based on the order in which calls or emails are received.
The Florida Department of Health in Monroe County will be hosting free community-based COVID-19 testing events in Key West and Big Pine Key, Marathon, and Tavernier. Appointments are required. To schedule one, please call the new phone number, (786) 910-9764 or email TestingMonroe@flhealth.gov.
Big Pine Key: Moose Lodge at 21 Wilder Rd.
Tuesday, August 4 from 8:30am to 12:30pm
Key West: College of the Florida Keys at 5901 College Road
Wednesday, August 5 from 8:30am to 12:30pm
Marathon: Ruth Ivins Center at 3333 Overseas Hwy
Thursday, August 6 and Friday, August 7 from 8:30am to 2:30pm
Tavernier: Roth Building at 50 High Point Rd.
Tuesday, August 4 and Wednesday, August 5 from 8:30am to 2:30pm
Testing is at no cost. Criteria for testing include: being a Monroe County resident, having a valid ID, and being pre-registered with name, address, phone number, and date of birth. No walk-ins are allowed. All events scheduled are as weather permits and may be cancelled up until the time of the event.
If you need to be tested as soon as possible and are currently experiencing symptoms, schedule care with your medical provider or emergency room rather than waiting for testing at community events. Remember to call your provider ahead of your visit to ensure their respective protocols are followed. For local information about available testing in Monroe County, visit www.tinyurl.com/c19monroe.
Other Testing Options
• Good Health Clinic provides free rapid response serology antibody tests to patients and through a partnership with Dr. Stan Zuba, testing is also conducted in the Upper Keys.
- 91555 Overseas Hwy, Suite 2, Tavernier, FL. 33070
- Phone: 305-853-1788
- Monday thru Friday: 9-4:30 pm
• Advanced Urgent Care can conduct both viral and antibody tests and can test those with minimal to no symptoms. They have locations in Key West, Marathon, and Key Largo. Patients can pre-register for testing and download the Antibody Screening form online.
- (305) 294-0011
• ASAP Urgent Care Center
- 90130 Old Highway, 2nd Floor, Tavernier
- (305) 852-9300
• A-1 Urgent Care
- 101451 Overseas Hwy, Key Largo
- (305) 453-0666
• CHI (Community Health of South FL) Marathon Health Center is conducting free viral and antibody testing. Viral testing is offered every Saturday from 11 am to 12:30 pm by appointment.
- (305) 252-4820
- You can request an appointment online at KeysCovid19@chisouthfl.org.
• Advanced Urgent Care can conduct both viral and antibody tests and can test those with minimal to no symptoms. They have locations in Key West, Marathon, and Key Largo. Patients can pre-register for testing and download the Antibody Screening form at the website
- (305) 294-0011
• Good Health Clinic provides free rapid response serology antibody tests to patients
- 13365 Overseas Hwy, Ste. #101, Marathon, FL 33050
- Tuesdays & Fridays 9 AM-3 PM
• Rural Health Network offers free viral and antibody testing in Key West by appointment. RHN conducts screening and testing events in Key West’s Bahama Village.
- (305) 517-6613
• Commercial labs, such as Quest and LabCorp, can conduct viral and antibody (rapid) tests. LabCorp currently conducts testing at Walgreens in Key West with a prescription.
• Advanced Urgent Care can conduct both viral and antibody tests and can test those with minimal to no symptoms. They have locations in Key West, Marathon, and Key Largo. Patients can pre-register for testing and download the Antibody Screening form on the website.
- (305) 294-0011
• Dr. John W Norris III MD PA provides oral and nasal virus screening, as well as blood antibody testing.
- (305) 296-1022
• Key West Urgent Care
- 1501 Government Rd. Key West
- (305) 295-7550
• Keys Medical Group Must be an existing patient.
- 3224 North Roosevelt Blvd., Key West
- (305) 293-4073
• Key West Medical Center, Dr. Elias Gerth, MD
- 2505 Flagler Ave. Key West
- (305) 295-6790
Since day one of this pandemic, DOH-Monroe’s epidemiologists have been conducting in-depth contact tracing with all confirmed cases in Monroe County with the formulation of a timeline of when their illness started and communicating with all close contacts of such cases. Calls are made to confirmed cases and their close contacts daily.
Any veteran who shows symptoms of COVID-19 should call 1-877-741-3400. Clients in need of information, email addresses or other contact information can visit monroecounty-fl.gov/va and call Key West at 305-295-5150 or Key Largo at 305-453-8777
Fake COVID-19 Test Kits
Fake COVID-19 test kits containing toxic substances are being shipped globally. Fake test kits were labeled “CoronaVirus 2019nconv (COVID-19)” and “Virus1 Test Kit.” Sheriff Rick Ramsay urges all residents to NOT BUY test kits online or through anyone or organization other than your direct healthcare professional.
Monroe County Fire Rescue will transport life-threatening situations to the mainland regardless of COVID-19. As with any communicable disease, Monroe County Fire Rescue has the policies and procedures in place to protect themselves and sterilize to protect future patients.