The group insurance office handles all issues regarding an employee’s health insurance coverage, which includes:
- Medical insurance
- Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dependent coverage
- Life insurance
The Monroe County Group Health Plan, our medical insurance, and our pharmaceutical coverage are self-insured and utilize a third-party administrator to process claims.
The dental and vision insurance offered for election to Monroe County employees is fully funded.
- Benefit Guide
- Benefit Overview Video
- Open Enrollment - How-To Enroll
- 2022 Annual Notices Important Information Opens a New Window.
The goal of Employee Benefits is the overall health and well-being of the county’s employees.
Employee Communications and Support
- Every employee/retiree will receive a notification via US mail with the details of enrollment.
- Multiple email blasts from Employee Benefits will also include additional and detailed instructions.
- Open Enrollment reminders posted throughout the County and Constitutional Offices.
- Technical service and support via phone 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday – Friday (includes bi-lingual).
- Online Enrollment Only; Includes Quick enrollment option.
To provide excellent customer service, fiscal responsibility, and vital information while maintaining the focus of the overall health and well-being of our participants and adhering to the regulations put forth by the County, State, and Federal Government.