- Services / Programs
- Sewer Connection Assistance
Sewer Connection Assistance
Sewer Connection Assistance for Low to Moderate Incomes
Monroe County Social Services is seeking applicants to participate in the Countywide Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery Program. This program provides funding for sewer connections for income-eligible single-family and multi-family housing units located throughout Monroe County. Assistance is available immediately to first come, first ready eligible applicants. Rental properties are subject to an affordability period and income qualification of tenants (multi-family buildings must be at least 51 percent low-income). Program funds will pay for eligible activities, which include sewer connection fees, septic system abandonment, and associated construction costs. System development/impact fees are not considered eligible costs. Past expenses for sewer connections are also not eligible for reimbursement. All applicants, including tenants of assisted housing units assisted through this program, must be qualified as income-eligible.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirement for this program
- Applicants for single-family assistance must be permanent Monroe County residents.
- The home must be located within a city or unincorporated Monroe County.
- Total household include must be at or below the limits listed here:
- Application Instructions Opens a New Window.
- Homeowner Application (Sewer Connection) Opens a New Window.
- Conflict of Interest Form Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
If you would like to be considered for assistance, call 305-292-4408 and request an application package be mailed or emailed to you. Application packets are available in all Monroe County Social Services offices. Mail or deliver your completed application to:
Monroe County Social Services
Attn: SHIP Sewer Connection Assistance
1100 Simonton St. #1-190
Key West, FL 33040
Applications are funded according to first come, first ready. Funding is limited. All applications are subject to review.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER/ADA ACCESSIBLE FACILITIES