April 22, 2021, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM @ Island Home Nusery
UF/IFAS, Monroe County Extension Service offers free plant clinics. Master Gardener Volunteers will be onsite at regional plant clinics to help assist with plant identification, disease diagnosis, insect identifications/problems, and other services related to diagnosing gardening and/or landscape problems.
Masks are required at all in-person plant clinics. We will have extra masks, gloves and hand sanitizer available.
April 23, 2021, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM @ Via Zoom
Achieving a healthy, low-maintenance home landscape starts with putting the right plant in the right place. Join us for a free online discussion about steps you can take, prior to planting, to ensure success of your plants, and help minimize the use of irrigation, fertilizer and pesticides. Enjoy your yard with less worry and stress!
This class is free, however pre-registration is required. You will be sent a zoom link and password via email the day before the meeting. You can participate through your home computer, smartphone or other listening devices.
• Plants mature to the desired size and will require less pruning
• Plants, once established, require a limited amount of supplemental irrigation
• Plants planted in the correct soil type and pH require fewer nutrient additives
• Planting pest-resistant plants mean fewer applications of pesticides
• You may appreciate that the landscape always has an acceptable appearance
April 27, 2021, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM @ Via Zoom
UF/IFAS, Monroe County Extension Service offers free virtual plant clinics. Master Gardener Volunteers will be online to help assist with questions, plant identification, disease diagnosis, insect identifications/problems, and other services related to diagnosing gardening and/or landscape problems.