Essential Vs. Non-essential
There is not a business restriction of this kind in Monroe County.
Key West has a non-essential business closure directive. Please call the City of Key West Hotline for more information 305-809-1101
Florida Dept. of Health Covid-19 Toolkit
The Florida Department of Health has the following resource toolkit, where you can download and print flyers for your business or agency. Visit: https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/resources/#toolkitJump Flyers are available in Spanish and Creole.
As announced, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) will be providing up to $2 million in low-interest Disaster Loans in designated states and territories for business impacted by COVID-19.
SBA DISASTER ASSISTANCE
- The loans will be available for economic injury caused by COVID-19. Small businesses can use loan proceeds to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing. Eligible uses include paying fixed debts, payroll, accounts receivable, and other bills that cannot be paid because of COVID-19 impacts.
- Loan terms can be up to 30 years and the interest rate is 3.75% for businesses determined to not have credit available elsewhere. Nonprofits are eligible for loans at 2.75%. More information: www.sba.gov/disaster
- Although the program has been activated, Florida businesses cannot apply for assistance yet. The next step will be for Governor DeSantis to request an Economic Injury Disaster Declaration after conducting a business damage assessment survey of the state’s businesses.
- The U.S. SBA approved Florida’s requested declaration, now enabling Economic Injury Disaster Loans for Florida counties.
- The State of FL has received an SBA Declaration. To check eligibility visit www.floridadisasterloan.org and https://disasterloan.sba.gov/
SBA Implements Automatic Deferment on Existing SBA Disaster Loans
Borrowers still paying back SBA loans from previous disasters with have automatic deferments through December 31, 2020. Borrowers of home and business disaster loans do not have to contact SBA to request the deferment.
ECONOMIC IMPACT SURVEY
If your business has been impacted by COVID-19, the survey is available at https://floridadisaster.biz/BusinessDamageAssessments.