The majority of the funding for Monroe County Social Services comes from county taxpayers and federal and state sources. All of this department’s services are under the direction of the county administrator and Board of County Commissioners Opens a New Window. .
Services are mostly for elderly, disabled, and indigent clients, with information and referrals given to other agencies. Some emergency assistance is available on a very limited basis to those who meet the requirements.
- Community Support Services Opens a New Window.
- In-Home Services Opens a New Window.
- Nutrition Opens a New Window.
- Transportation Opens a New Window.
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program Opens a New Window.
- S Opens a New Window. Sewer Connection Assistance
Opens a New Window.
- State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program (SHIP) Opens a New Window.
- SHIP Homeowner Disaster Funding
- SHIP Homebuyer's Assistance Program
- Opens a New Window. Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) Opens a New Window.
The Florida Keys Council for People with Disabilities hold meetings every other month at alternating sites in the Upper Keys, Middle Keys, and Lower Keys.
The Older American Advisory Board meets the first Thursday of each month (excluding July, August, and September) at the Monroe County Marathon Library Opens a New Window. :
3251 Overseas Highway
Marathon, FL 33050
Bayshore Manor Assisted Living Facility
Bayshore Manor is a multipurpose assisted-living facility operated by Monroe County and licensed by the Florida Agency For Health Care Administration Opens a New Window. . It is primarily designed as a residential facility for the elderly residents of Monroe County. It also operates an adult daytime respite program for families whose elderly relatives require non-medical supervision during the day.
Dade-Monroe Express Bus
The Dade-Monroe Express bus route has now been extended to Marathon, with scheduled stops in Key Largo (Mile Marker (MM) 98), Tavernier (MM 90), Islamorada (MM 74), and Marathon (MM 50).