- Monroe County Year 2030 Comprehensive Plan
- Hurricane Evacuation Clearance Time Memorandum of Understanding
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity Proposed Hotel Rule
The Comprehensive Planning team is responsible for the preparation and implementation of the goals, objectives, and policies of the adopted Comprehensive Plan. Main responsibilities include responding to inquiries and offering customer service to the community, processing comprehensive plan amendments and updating the comprehensive plan to ensure it is consistent with all current statutory and rule requirements.
The adopted Comprehensive Plan guides future growth and community development. The Comprehensive Plan contains elements that address future land use, housing, transportation, infrastructure, coastal management, conservation, recreation, and open space, intergovernmental coordination, and capital improvements.
Comprehensive Plan Update
In 2010, Monroe County embarked on a major undertaking to update the Comprehensive Plan and plan for the next 20 years.
- Additional data and analysis to support the Comprehensive Plan update
- Monroe County 2010-2030 Population Projections
Comprehensive Plan Amendments Cycles
Amendments to the Comprehensive Plan are planned for transmittal for January/February (First Transmittal) and July/August (Second Transmittal) of each year. Meeting dates may be adjusted as necessary.
Deadlines for Transmittals
The deadline to submit applications for amendments for the first BOCC transmittal hearing is no later than July 31, of the preceding year, at 5 p.m. The deadline to submit applications for amendments for the second BOCC transmittal hearing is no later than Jan. 31 at 5 p.m.
Procedures for the submittal and adoption of Comprehensive Plan amendments under the State Coordinated Review Process (Statutory changes effective June 2, 2011)
Department of Economic Opportunity Notice of Intent
- Notice of Intent - 19-01ACSC Comprehensive Plan Amendment
- Notice of Intent - 19-02ACSC Comprehensive Plan Amendment
- Notice of Intent - 19-03ACSC Comprehensive Plan Amendment
- Notice of Intent - 19-04ACSC Comprehensive Plan Amendment
- Notice of Intent - 19-05ACSC Comprehensive Plan Amendment
- Notice of Intent - 19-06ACSC Comprehensive Plan Amendment
- Notice of Intent - 19-07ACSC Comprehensive Plan Amendment
- Notice of Intent - 19-08ACSC Comprehensive Plan Amendment
Carrying Capacity Report
- Florida Keys Carrying Capacity Study