Emergency Medical Service (EMS)
Monroe County Fire Rescue (MCFR) provides quality Emergency Medical Services (EMS) to the unincorporated areas of Monroe County from Tavernier to Stock Island and Key West International Airport with dual-certified Firefighter/EMTs and Firefighter/Paramedics. If you reside or receive services within these areas, you will be served by MCFR’s state-certified firefighters, Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs), and Paramedics. MCFR provides emergency fire response, advanced-level emergency medical services, and ground and air-based emergency medical transport.
EMS Billing & Collections
Click here or call 305-289-6010.
You are not forced to go to the hospital because you called 911. It is often strongly recommended that you go to the hospital, but if you are awake, alert, and oriented, you have the right to choose whether or not you will be transported via ambulance. If you choose to refuse transport to the hospital, you will be asked to sign a Patient Refusal Form by the paramedics to document your decision to refuse medical care.
- What are Monroe County Fire Rescue's EMS transport rates?
- What if I don't have enough insurance or am uninsured?
- Why do I have to sign the Responsibility Signature Form?
- Why is the ambulance bill in my child's name?
- A family member recently passed away but is still receiving ambulance bills. What should I do?
- What can I do to help the paramedics who come to my home?
- What will happen when I arrive at the hospital in the rescue unit?
- What do I do if I have lost some of my belongings when I am transported to the hospital?