The group insurance office handles employee health insurance coverage, which includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dependent Coverage
- Life Insurance
The Monroe County Group Health Plan, Monroe County's medical insurance, and the pharmaceutical coverage are self-insured and utilize a third-party administrator to process claims.
The dental and vision insurance offered for election to Monroe County employees is fully funded.
- 2024 Benefit Guide
- 2024 Benefits Overview Video
- Open Enrollment - How-To Enroll
- 2024 Annual Notices Important Information
- 2023 Marketplace Notice Opens a New Window.
Employee Communications and Support
The goal of Employee Benefits is the overall health and well-being of the County’s employees.
- Every employee/retiree receives a US mail notification with the details of enrollment.
- Multiple email blasts from Employee Benefits include additional and detailed instructions.
- Open Enrollment reminders are posted throughout the County and Constitutional Offices.
- Phone technical service and support are available from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday – Friday (includes bilingual).
- Online Enrollment Only; Includes Quick enrollment option.
To provide excellent customer service, fiscal responsibility, and vital information while maintaining the focus on the overall health and well-being of our participants and adhering to the regulations put forth by the County, State, and Federal Government.